Three Brothers Bakery is pleased to join forces with the Woodworkers of Texas and Woodcraft of Houston for the first-ever Christmas Ornament Contest. You may know the Woodworkers of Texas from our ongoing partnership with them, as they create our fantastic wooden pie boxes, which many of you order throughout the year.
Starting today, you can drop off a handmade ornament at any Woodcraft of Houston location or the Woodworkers of Texas shop to enter. After all entries are received, the ornaments will be on display at Three Brothers Bakery on S. Braeswood throughout the holiday season. We want YOU to come in and vote for your favorite! Below are the details on the categories and specific rules for submitting your handcrafted ornament:
- There will be three categories; flat scroll saw, turned, and other.
- All ornaments should be designed to actually hang on a tree and must fit in a 5” x 5” box and not exceed 10” in height.
- Judging will be by “Peoples Choice” voting.
- The ornament must be primarily wood, but can be enhanced with other materials.
- All ornaments entered will become the property of Woodworkers of Texas and will be sold to support their costs associated with the Toy Making efforts of the Woodworkers Club of Houston.
- Woodworkers can submit multiple entries in any or all categories.
Good luck to those who enter!