As most of you probably know by now, I am a breast cancer survivor, and this year makes 7 years! The Race for the Cure is what I consider my new birthday. So this year if you join our team and “raise the dough” you can “make the cake.” Join my team and raise $500, and we’ll invite you to a decorating class this spring with a friend. To sweeten the mixing bowl, we’ll also extend the same invitation to any donors you might have who donate $500.
If you’ve never joined a team and fundraised we have some ideas for you!
- Host a bake sale. Who doesn’t love sweets, right? Create sweet treats with your friends or family members and ask a local business to let you set up a table outside of their shop and sell your sweets with all of the proceeds going back to your team! (Sorry folks, but not in front of Three Brothers Bakery – I’m having my own bake sale.)
- Have you seen some dirty cars in your neighborhood? It may be time for a car wash. A great fundraising activity to do with your kiddos, as well. Tell your neighbors or co-workers that you’ll be hosting a car wash, and let people donate what they’d like for a quick clean up.
- Work with a local bar or restaurant and ask them to host a percentage night. If you are a “regular” somewhere, they may be more open to this fundraiser with you than you thought. That reminds us, we’ll be donating proceeds from the sale of our pink ribbon products to the race fund, as well.
- Pink out your office! We’ll be pinking out our store next month, which means we’ll be asking for donations and in return, customers can have their pink ribbon placed on the walls of the store; our goal is to cover the walls with pink. You can do the same in your office; just talk to your boss and see if he or she is okay with you asking your coworkers to wear pink to work one day and donate in exchange.
- Think about your talents and teach a class. Whether you’re an expert yoga instructor, are great on the pottery wheel or are a talented pianist, offer classes or lessons on a donation basis and teach away.
And remember we’re making the deal even sweeter. Join our team and raise $500 or more, we’ll invite you and friend to join other top fundraisers at a cake decorating class with Bobby! So go “Raise the Dough” and we’ll “Make the Cake.” I look forward to seeing you on Team Three Brothers Bakery on October 5th, 2013!